These days, the smash cake is so popular that it’s difficult to find a first birthday where there isn’t one. But with all of these benefits, a smash cake might not be the best choice for your little one’s pictures. However, there are some unique alternatives to the traditional sugar-covered cake that you can try out!
Smash Cake Alternatives
If you’re not into the idea of a smash cake for your first birthday pictures, don’t worry – there are plenty of other great options! Here are some of our favorites:
1. A simple cake with a single candle. This is a classic approach that always looks lovely in photos.
2. A cupcake tower. This is a fun alternative that can be less messy than a smash cake (though it can still get pretty messy if your little one is determined!).
3. A decorated cookie. If you want to avoid cake altogether, go for a giant decorated cookie instead. This is also a good option if your child has allergies or sensitivities.
4. A fruit platter. This is a healthy and beautiful option – perfect for summer birthdays!
5. A cheese plate. Another unique option, this is especially great if you’re having a more low-key celebration.
What Are The Best Alternatives To A Smash Cake?
When it comes to celebrating your little one’s first birthday, there are so many fun and memorable ways to do it. And while a traditional smash cake may be the first thing that comes to mind, there are actually lots of other great options out there that can make for some pretty amazing first birthday photos. Here are just a few of the best alternatives to a smash cake for your first birthday pictures.
One alternative that is becoming increasingly popular is the ‘cake smash’ without the actual cake. This involves using other food items such as cupcakes, pies, or even ice cream cones instead of an actual cake. This can be a great option if your child has allergies or you simply want to avoid the mess that comes with smashing a cake.
Another fun alternative is to set up a mini photo shoot with props and backdrops that coordinate with your child’s birthday party theme. This can be done at home or at a professional photography studio. Either way, you’ll end up with some beautiful pictures that capture this special milestone in your child’s life.
And finally, if you really want to go all out, you could always hire a professional photographer to come to your child’s birthday party and take some amazing shots of
Why Do People Avoid Using A Smash Cake On Their First Birthday?
There are many reasons why people avoid using a smash cake on their first birthday. Some parents feel that it is too messy, while others believe that it is a waste of money. However, the most popular reason seems to be the fear of harming their child.
While a smash cake can be a lot of fun for both the child and the parents, it is important to remember that it can also be very dangerous. A child can easily choke on the icing or decorations, so it is important to be very careful when using one. If you are not sure whether or not you should use a smash cake, speak to your doctor or pediatrician before making a decision.
How Is This Different Than An Ice Cream?
The ‘smash cake’ has become a popular trend for first birthday pictures, but it’s not the only option. Here are some alternatives to the traditional smash cake that can help you get great photos of your little one’s big day.
1. A cupcake with a single candle. This is a classic birthday treat that can be easily turned into a photo-worthy moment. Simply light the candle and let your little one blow it out while you snap away.
2. A small cake decorated with your child’s name or initials. This is a beautiful and personal alternative to the smash cake that will still make for some great pictures.
3. A giant cookie decorated with icing and sprinkles. If you’re looking for something a little different, this could be the perfect option. Your child can help decorate the cookie before their big birthday moment.
4. An ice cream sundae topped with a single candle. This is another classic treat that can be easily turned into a photo opportunity. Simply top an ice cream sundae with a birthday candle and let your child enjoy blowing it out.
5. A fruit platter decorated with candles. This healthy alternative to the traditional smash cake is perfect
Custom Cakes And Other Ideas For Your Littlest Guests
It’s your baby’s first birthday, and you want to make sure the day is perfect! One of the most important parts of the day will be taking pictures, and you want those pictures to be special. A smash cake is a popular option for first birthday photos, but it’s not the only option. Here are some custom cakes and other ideas for your littlest guests:
1. Cupcake Cake – A cupcake cake is a fun alternative to a traditional cake. It’s also perfect for little hands!
2. Animal Cake – If your child loves animals, consider an animal-themed cake. This can be anything from a simple farm animal cake to an elaborate zoo scene.
3. Fairytale Cake – If you’re looking for something truly magical, consider a fairytale-themed cake. This could be anything from a castle cake to a dragon cake.
4. Sports Cake – Does your little one love sports? A sports-themed cake is the perfect way to show off their personality.
5. Character Cake – Is your child obsessed with a particular character? Whether it’s Mickey Mouse or Elmo, there’s sure to be a character cake that they’ll love.
Traditional Fun Ideas
A smash cake is a small cake that is meant to be eaten by the birthday child. They are often decorated with the child’s favorite characters or colors. The idea behind a smash cake is that the child gets to enjoy their own special cake and make a mess while doing it!
However, not all parents want their child to have a cake full of sugar and calories on their first birthday. If you are looking for some healthier alternatives to a smash cake, here are some ideas:
1. A fruit platter shaped like a cake. This is a fun and healthy alternative that your child will love. You can use fresh fruits or even dried fruits to create this healthy ‘cake’.
2. A veggie platter shaped like a cake. This is another great alternative for those parents who are looking for a healthier option. You can use any type of vegetables that your child enjoys eating.
3. A yogurt ‘cake’. This is a delicious and healthy option that your child will love. Simply layer different flavors of yogurt in a bowl or cup and top with some fruit or sprinkles.
4. A ‘cake’ made out of rice cakes. This is a fun and unique way to celebrate
While the smash cake has become a tradition for first birthday pictures, there are plenty of other options that can make for an adorable photo. If you’re not interested in making a mess or dealing with the sugar high that comes along with a smash cake, consider one of these alternative ideas. With a little creativity, you can still get some beautiful photos to commemorate your baby’s first year.