Taking newborn photos is a wonderful experience that new parents to little humans look forward to. But what if there’s a new baby in the family and you want to include your other babes, your fur babies? After all, they’re just as much a part of the family. This article will show you how to capture the best moments with your newborn – and for your furry companion.
Tips for Bringing Your Pets to Your Newborn Photos
Congratulations on your new arrival! Now that you have a new baby in the house, you may be wondering how to include your other fur babies in the newborn photos. Here are some tips to help make sure your pet is comfortable and cooperative during your newborn session:
1. Choose a photographer who is comfortable around animals. Not all photographers are used to working with animals, so it’s important to find one who is comfortable and has experience.
2. Prepare your pet for the session. If your pet is not used to being around strangers, it may be helpful to acclimate them to the photographer before the session. This can be done by having the photographer come over for a short visit beforehand, or by bringing your pet to meet the photographer at their studio.
3. Make sure your pet is well-behaved. Even if your pet is usually well-behaved, it’s important to make sure they will be on their best behavior for the photo shoot. This means NO jumping, barking, or nipping! If you’re not sure your pet will be able to behave, it may be best to leave them at home for this one.
What You Will Need
If you’re planning on bringing your furry friend to your next family session, there are a few things you’ll need to make sure the experience is enjoyable for everyone. Here’s a quick list of what to bring:
-Treats: Be sure to bring along some of your fur baby’s favorite treats. This will help them feel comfortable and happy during the session.
-A Leash or Carrier: You’ll need a way to keep your fur baby under control during the session. A leash is always a good option, but if your fur baby is small enough, a carrier will work as well.
-A Comfortable Blanket: This is optional, but it can be helpful to have a comfortable blanket for your fur baby to sit or lie on during the session. It will help them feel more at ease and relaxed.
Knowing the Questions You Should Ask
When it comes to family photos, most people focus on the people in the frame and not so much on the pets. But if you’re like me, your pets are part of the family too! Here are a few questions to ask your photographer before your next family session to make sure your fur babies are included and comfortable.
1. What is their experience with photographing animals?
2. Do they have any tips or tricks for getting pets to cooperate?
3. What is their policy if an animal becomes agitated or uncooperative during the session?
4. Are they comfortable working with multiple animals at once?
5. Do they have any additional charges for photographing pets?
Asking these questions beforehand will help ensure that your furry family members are included in your photos and that everyone has a good time during the session!
The Dos and Don’ts of Bringing Your Pet to Your Photoshoot
Thinking of bringing your pet to your family photoshoot? Here are some things to keep in mind!
-Make sure your pet is well-groomed before the session. This will help them look their best in photos!
-Bring along treats or toys to help keep your pet occupied and happy during the shoot.
-Don’t try to force your pet to pose for photos if they don’t want to. This will only stress them out and make for unhappy photos.
-Don’t forget to clean up after your pet – bring along a baggie to pick up any waste.
-Don’t forget to have fun! A photoshoot with your furry friend can be a great way to create lasting memories.
We hope this article has given you some helpful tips on how to include your fur babies in your family session. We love nothing more than seeing families come together with their furry friends and we would be honored to capture those memories for you. Contact us today to book your session!